Transfiguration is an open, welcoming, and affirming community.
We believe all people are made in the image of God and are fully loved by God just as they are. No matter your age, disabilities, race, ethnicity, national origin, socio-economic background, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other signifier you can think of: you are welcome at Transfiguration.
What does that mean in practice?
- We are a church committed to diversity and equality in our leadership, both lay and ordained. People of all ages, races, genders, sexual orientations, nationalities, and backgrounds serve and lead at Transfiguration.
- We use a mix of gender-inclusive, gender-expansive, and traditional language in our services.
- We offer a men's retreat, a women's retreat and a parish retreat each year.
- All families are welcomed and supported, no matter what they look like, and all couples may be married at Transfiguration. Whether you attend with your family, with part of your family, or by yourself, you are welcome.
- We offer two services: the Joyful Noise service at 9:00 which is geared towards children from 0-5 and the 10:30 Musical Eucharist that is great for adults and families with older children. No matter your age, there is something for you here, and everyone is welcome at every service.
- There is a soft space in the sanctuary where smaller children can play quietly during the service and parents are welcome to breastfeed wherever they are comfortable.
- Thanks to our recent renovations, the sanctuary and parish hall is now accessible and more disabled parking is available.
- Our restrooms are single-stall, gender-neutral, and ADA-accessible.
- Transfiguration participates in interfaith and community events, recognizing that our own perspectives are limited and it is important to move outside our church walls into the world.
- There is no dress code. Some people dress in jeans and a t-shirt, others come wearing a tie. Wear whatever is comfortable for you.
- Scholarships are freely available for retreats and events; no one is turned away because of cost.
- Gluten-free communion is available at each station.
- No matter where you are on your spiritual journey, you are welcome to receive communion.