WHO WE ARE
For over 50 years, Transfiguration Pre-School has helped preschoolers enjoy learning and growing. Three, four, and young five year olds participate in programs designed especially for their abilities and interests. The school's environment is designed for children. Families and students enter Transfiguration Nursery School through a playground filled with a variety of climbing, sliding, riding, and digging activities. Large motor skills are developed as children climb on our play structures and ride on our bikes. A brightly decorated hallway leads to many separate rooms: the Big Room, Art Room, Dress-up Room, and the Reading Room. This unique floor plan offers a cheerful, home-like setting designed to encourage every aspect of the child's growth.
Watch Your Child Grow:
• Creativity: Every room offers activities and materials ideal for young minds and hands to explore and share new experiences with paint, play dough, magnets, blocks, costumes, and even shaving cream!!
• Physical Ability: Outdoor toys and playground structures keep everyone busy learning new skills in a friendly, physically challenging and safely enclosed yard.
• Cognitive Skills: Calendar, finger-plays, songs, Legos, and geoboards are part of a program that helps children learn to count, learn their "A B C's" and help begin to understand the world in which they live.
• Social Expertise: Self-confidence, self-respect, and respect for others are important lessons to learn at school. From birthday parties to our Thanksgiving friendship salad and everything in between, every day is special when it's shared with a friend!
• Emotional Health: Smiles, hugs, and positive reinforcements accompany all activities that help each child participate at her or his own ability level. Individual success as well as individual praise is part of the curriculum at Transfiguration Nursery School.