Come join us Friday mornings from 10am-12 for fun, friends, and child-friendly worship! All children 0-5 years old and their caregivers are welcome. Fireflies was created to provide a space where young children could learn about church life through songs, stories and activities, and where adult caregivers could enjoy community in a nurturing and inclusive environment.
This group is an expression of our desire to serve the wider community and is open to everyone. We welcome newcomers to our group year-round and there is no ongoing commitment, although we are always looking for caregivers who can take on a volunteer slot or two!.
We begin in the Parish Hall, starting promptly at 10:00am with registration, then proceed up to the church. We have a short story or talk by a member of the clergy or one of our team, followed by singing and instruments. Please do not worry if your child is a little noisy, most children are when they first join us!
Everyone goes back down to the Parish Hall for refreshments – a healthy snack and juice for the children and hot drinks for the adults. We then have playtime with separate supervised areas for crawlers and walkers, followed by a craft activity in which we try to continue that day’s theme.
Cleanup begins at 11:50, and we ask all parents/caregivers to help. We finish our session at 12am.
There is a suggested donation of $3 per family to cover the cost of snacks and craft materials.
To ensure the safe running of our group, we do have a few basic rules which must be followed by everyone.
- Please remember that you are responsible for your children at all times - while all our leaders will help in any way possible, they cannot provide constant supervision.
- We try to discourage running in the Parish Hall.
- Your child may require help with the craft activities depending on his/her age, as many of them involve glue or markers.
- Please only consume hot drinks near the serving area.
- Please arrive on time - we have a lot of fun activities, and only 90 minutes!
- Please do not bring siblings who are absent from school due to illness.
Our Firefly Prayer
Dear Creator God
Thank you for our Firefly Group
For friends and for fun
But most of all we
Thank you for Jesus.
Questions? Contact Dace at email@example.com